SOF® is a continuous non-woven fabric made by our own special method. It is composed of continuous fibers glued together by an adhesive agent. The fibers are straight with no crimps. Even when large meshes are required, it is possible to from an accurate mesh.
This type of SOF® is made from yarns or synthetic fibers that cross at an angle of 60°.
Equilateral triangles from the lattice of Triaxial SOF. It has excellent para-isotropy and great design potential. Applications
1. Reinforcement for paper, films, non-woven fabrics, aluminum foil and other sheeting
2. Reinforcement for all kinds of plastic and insulation boards
3. Reinforcement for glass wool and plastic foam heat insulation materials
This type of SOF®has yarns crossed in four directions(0°, ±45°and 90°).
Yarns are bonded by an adhesive agent.
Quadraxial SOF has the same strong points as chopped strand mat or cloth. Applications
1. Reinforcement for FRP(hand-lay up, sheet winding, pultrusion, etc.)
3. Reinforcement for all kinds of industrial materials
4. Reinforcement in FRTP composites